Northern Red Sea
Famous Wrecks, Ras Mohammed & Straits of Tiran
29 June – 8 July 2018
Please contact us for pricing options
Join us for our 2018 Red Sea Safari and explore the world famous wrecks, plunging walls and coral gardens of the northern Red Sea.
On this itinerary, you will explore world famous wrecks such as the SS Thistlegorm, the Dunraven and the wrecks of Sha’Ab Abu Nuhas as well as the breath-taking Ras Mohammed National Park and Straits of Tiran for plunging walls and beautiful coral gardens teeming with life.
This is a great time to visit the northern Red Sea as it’s the mating season and there are plenty of shoals of fish around. Visibility is also very good at this time of year.
A sample of what to expect…
• Beautiful reefs and coral gardens with a myriad colourful tropical fish;
• Vibrant, plunging walls of the Sinai Peninsula that reach to depths of 700m;
• The possibility of seeing dolphins at Gubal Island and sharks in the Straits of Tiran;
• World famous wrecks steeped in history – Thistlegorm, Dunraven, Carnatic, Giannis D and more…
• Schools of snappers, batfish, unicorn fish and hunting jacks at Ras Mohammed
The beauty of being on a liveaboard is that you’ll be able to enjoy up to 4 dives a day on reefs and wrecks that are not accessible on the day boats. Liveaboard diving is all about diving, eating, relaxing and sleeping…. A true holiday!
• 7 nights’ accommodation on a luxury Liveaboard
• Return internal transfers from airport to liveaboard
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner on the liveaboard
• All tea, coffee, bottled water, snacks and soft drinks
• Unlimited diving (3 – 4 dives a day)
• Hire of 12 litre aluminium cylinders and weights
• Marine Parks Fee & Fuel Surcharge
• Free Nitrox 32%
• Government Taxes
• Flights (we can book these for you – please contact us for details)
• Rental of 15 litre aluminium cylinders – recommended
• Discretionary gratuities for liveaboard staff and DMs, divided amongst the crew
• Visa processing fee – we can process your visa for you (please ask us for further details)
• Personal travel insurance
• Dive Insurance (DAN)
• Meals not on liveaboard on first and last day (lunch)
How to book:
For more details and to book, please contact Deon on 083 268 1851 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A deposit of R8 000 will secure your spot on the trip, with the balance payable by 10 April 2018.
Flights would need to be paid for in full in order for us to book your seats and a quote will be provided.
Please note the following:
• Prices are subject to change in the event of a price increase and / or exchange rate fluctuations.
• The exact price can only be confirmed at the time of final invoicing and final payment due date.
• The tour package has been quoted on a sharing basis and an additional single supplement fee will be charged for singles not sharing.
• The price quoted is based on a group tour and there will be additional charges for any breakaways or extensions to this itinerary (where possible).
• Specially requested rooms (e.g. upper deck and double bed) are limited and are available at an additional fee.
Please note all dive spots are depending on the weather situation and also the divers’ experience.
DAY 1: Friday, 29 June 2018:
Check in at 18:00 at Johannesburg International airport for flight to Cairo
Flying time is approximately 8 hours. Dinner and breakfast are served on board the plane.
DAY 2: Saturday, 30 June 2018:
Arrive in Cairo at 05:35. Stay in transit for your flight to Hurghada.
DAY 3: – Day 7: Sunday, 1 July 2018 – Thursday 5 July 2018:
Diving the best wrecks, reefs and walls of the northern Red Sea, Gulf of Suez, Ras Mohammed National Park and Straits of Tiran
DAY 8: Friday, 6 July 2018:
Early morning dives, spend afternoon washing and drying out dive gear and packing. Overnight in marina.
DAY 9: Saturday, 7 July 2018:
Stay on board in marina until time for shuttle to airport.
Taken to Hurghada airport for afternoon flight to Cairo.
Remain in transit for flight to Johannesburg, arrival in Johannesburg on Sunday 8 July
Feedback from our customers:
It was so easy working through Indigo Scuba, very professional and quick service from start to beginning. Thanks so much for making our dream diving holiday a memorable one. Marcelle, Paarl
The Indigo Scuba Red Sea Safari was the best diving holiday I have ever had. They chose an excellent dive guide, who put emphasis on safety as well as fun and they also chose a great live aboard with the best service, staff and food. This trip was absolutely perfect, well arranged and organised . We had a blast from start to finish and I will definitely be returning next year! I strongly recommending booking a diving holiday with Indigo Scuba if you wish to have a stress free, well planned and fun holiday with a great choice of dive sites”. Kerri, Cape Town
“Indigo Scuba’s trip to the Red Sea was exceptional in every respect. The booking process and travel was completely stress-free, the liveaboard and dive guide were everything you could want and the diving was truly spectacular! We will definitely be joining them on another trip!” Olivia and Ian, Cape Town
The Red Sea is an underwater photographer’s paradise with everything you could ever wish for … from huge wrecks, schools of fish, coral gardens and steep walls, to the tiniest of nudibranch. Here are just a few of our favourite photos taken in the Red Sea over the years: