2017 Red Sea Safari – St Johns & Deep South
Southern Red Sea – St Johns & Deep South
21 June – 2 July 2017- FULLY BOOKED
SORRY, but this trip is now fully booked. Please contact us so that we can keep you updated on our 2018 Red Sea safari instead!
Join us for our 2017 Red Sea Safari and explore the beautiful, pristine reefs of the southern Red Sea.
This itinerary is perfect for every diver, regardless of experience level. With walls, pinnacles, pristine healthy coral gardens, breath-taking reef life, swim-throughs, caves and night diving throughout the week, this itinerary is packed with dives that everyone can enjoy.
For the first couple of days we will be relaxing and doing some shore dives out of Port Ghalib (Marsa Alam), after which we will be travelling to the very Deep South of the Red Sea and exploring the famous St Johns reef system which lies a hair’s-width above the Sudanese border, as well as diving reef systems such as Fury Shoal, the Habillis, Dangerous Reef and Gota Soraya.
This itinerary is the very best way to see the Southern Red Sea in its all its glory, on a luxury liveaboard holiday far from the crowds. This is a great time to visit the Deep South as it’s the mating season and there are plenty of shoals of fish around. Visibility is also very good at this time of year.
What’s more, Kate will be presenting a series of underwater photography workshops to help divers take their underwater photography to the next level, and will be on hand to assist with any queries you might have.
A sample of what to expect…
• Some of the most remote and rewarding diving in the Red Sea;
• Sumptuous walls with overhangs and cracks teeming with fish life, jacks and barracudas; where giant gorgonians and an abundance of colourful soft corals grow;
• Grey reef, silvertip, oceanic white tip and hammerhead sharks patrolling the reefs;
• Beautiful coral gardens with pristine hard and soft corals and a multitude of fish and macro life;
• Mantas, oceanic white tip, grey reef and silvertip sharks in the blue;
• Tunnels and plateaus to be explored with tunnels that are ideal for novice cave divers.
We have chosen one of our favourite 5* liveaboards for this trip, with the friendliest staff and most professional dive guides; the best service and tastiest food that you will ever experience in the Red Sea.
The beauty of being on a liveaboard is that you’ll be able to enjoy up to 4 dives a day on reefs and wrecks that are not accessible on the day boats. Liveaboard diving is all about diving, eating, relaxing and sleeping…. A true holiday!
• 7 nights’ accommodation on a 5* luxury Liveaboard
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner on the liveaboard (excluding lunch on first and last day)
• All tea, coffee, bottled water, snacks and soft drinks
• Unlimited diving (3 – 4 dives a day)
• Hire of 12 litre aluminium cylinders and weights
• Marine Parks Fee & Fuel Surcharge
• Free Nitrox 32%
• ENOS Safety System for each diver
• Dive guides
• Flights (we will book these for you – please contact us for details)
• 2 nights half board (breakfast and dinner) accommodation in Port Ghalib with optional diving (we will quote as per your requirements)
• Rental of 15 litre aluminium cylinders – recommended
• Discretionary gratuities for liveaboard staff and DMs, divided amongst the crew (suggested amount €30 – €50 per guest – payable on the boat)
• Visa processing fee – we can process your visa for you (please ask us for further details)
• Personal travel insurance (we offer group travel insurance based on a minimum of 10 divers – please contact us for details)
• Dive Insurance (DAN)
• Meals not on liveaboard on first and last day (lunch)
How to book:
For more details and to book, please contact Deon on 083 268 1851 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A deposit of R5 000 will secure your spot on the trip, with the balance payable by 10 April 2017.
Flights would need to be paid for in full in order for us to book your seats and a quote will be provided.
Please note the following:
• Prices are subject to change in the event of a price increase and / or exchange rate fluctuations.
• The exact price can only be confirmed at the time of final invoicing and final payment due date.
• The tour package has been quoted on a sharing basis and an additional single supplement fee will be charged for singles not sharing.
• The price quoted is based on a group tour and there will be additional charges for any breakaways or extensions to this itinerary (where possible).
• Specially requested rooms (e.g. upper deck and double bed) are limited and are available at an additional fee.
• The above prices are based on EFT payments
EXAMPLE ITINERARY – Beautiful South – St Johns
Please note all dive spots are depending on the weather situation and also the divers’ experience.
DAY 1: Wednesday, 21 June 2017:
Check in at 18:00 at Johannesburg International airport for flight to Cairo
Flying time is approximately 8 hours. Dinner and breakfast are served on board the plane.
DAY 2: Thursday, 22 June 2017:
Arrive in Cairo at 05:35. Stay in transit for your flight to Marsa Alam.
Collected at airport by Hotel (Port Ghalib) staff. Dinner at hotel.
DAY 3: Friday, 23 June 2017:
2 boat dives out of Port Ghalib
DAY 4: Saturday, 24 June 2017:
2 house reef dives on rib out of Port Ghalib
Board M.Y. Galaxy late afternoon
DAY 5: Sunday, 25 June 2017:
Depart marina around 08:00 – 09:00, 2 check dives near Marsa Alam with a 3rd dive or possible night dive in the area, sailing to St. John reefs at night.
Day 6 – 8: Monday, 26 June – Wednesday, 28 June 2017:
Diving at St. John: Possible dive sites – Small and Big Gota, Habilli Ali, Dangerous Reef, St. John Caves
Sailing to Fury Shoal overnight, staying in Wadi’l Gamal. 3 day dives and 1 night dive per day
Day 9: Thursday, 29 June 2017:
Diving at Elphinstone; relaxed dive closer to Port Ghalib
Sailing back towards Port Ghalib.
Day 10: Friday, 30 June 2017:
Early morning dives, spend afternoon washing and drying out dive gear and packing. Overnight in marina.
DAY 11: Saturday, 1 July 2017:
Stay on board in marina until time for shuttle to airport.
Taken to Hurghada airport for afternoon flight to Cairo.
Remain in transit for flight to Johannesburg
Feedback from our customers:
It was so easy working through Indigo Scuba, very professional and quick service from start to beginning. Thanks so much for making our dream diving holiday a memorable one. Marcelle, Paarl
The 2014 Indigo Scuba Red Sea Safari was the best diving holiday I have ever had. They chose an excellent dive guide, who put emphasis on safety as well as fun and they also chose a great live aboard with the best service, staff and food. This trip was absolutely perfect, well arranged and organised . We had a blast from start to finish and I will definitely be returning next year! I strongly recommending booking a diving holiday with Indigo Scuba if you wish to have a stress free, well planned and fun holiday with a great choice of dive sites”. Kerri, Cape Town
“Indigo Scuba’s trip to the Red Sea was exceptional in every respect. The booking process and travel was completely stress-free, the liveaboard and dive guide were everything you could want and the diving was truly spectacular! We will definitely be joining them on another trip!” Olivia and Ian, Cape Town
The Red Sea is an underwater photographer’s paradise with everything you could ever wish for … from huge wrecks, schools of fish, coral gardens and steep walls, to the tiniest of nudibranch. Here are just a few of our favourite photos taken in the Red Sea over the years: