Sea & Sea manufactures underwater housings, strobes, ports, cables, and other accessories in Japan.
Sea & Sea housings are high-quality aluminium housings known for their smaller size and multi-year longevity.
We sell the full range of Sea & Sea underwater housings, which are sturdy and well made and available for a number of compact cameras and most mirrorless cameras and DSLRs.
Sea & Sea strobes are the world’s most popular strobes, with their YS-strobes being a staple amount beginner and pro underwater photographers alike.
Current Top-Selling Strobe – the YS-D3
The Sea & Sea YS-D3 is one of the world’s best strobes for underwater photography. It offers lots of great improvements from it predecessor, the YS-D2J, including quicker recycling times, a more even beam, a redesigned back display, and a more powerful targeting light. The YS-D3’s circuitry has been improved and the strobe is capable of a powerful, professional guide number of 33 (land). At guide number 22, the YS-D3’s recycling time is a mere 0.6 seconds and at guide number 16, there is virtually no recycle time! This kind of capability is very beneficial to underwater photographers that need to shoot quick subjects with burst modes on their camera.
- Maximum Guide Number 33 (on land)
- Newly developed aspherical troidal lens on the flash tubes provides even light dispersion, no hotspots are produced
- Native beam angle of 105 X 80 degrees with no diffuser
- Wide beam angle of 120° (with included diffuser) or can even wider (150°) with the optional diffuser
- Battery life: 220 flashes with Ni-MH batteries (4X AA)
- Recycle time: 1.7 seconds at full power, 0.6 seconds at GN 22, no recycle time below GN 16!
- Color temperature: 5800K. 5500K with a diffuser
- Large capacity condensers
- Firing the strobes at Guide Number 16 the strobe can continuously fire without any interval time
- Two-stage signal – Visual and Audible notification that the strobe is ready to fire
- Has a pre flash cancel mode
- Improved power of target light which can be used as a dive light also. It is also adjustable in 2 steps
- Auto power off when the strobe is left turned on for a long time
- Over pressure relieve valve
- Dimensions: 3.6 X 4.4 X 5.8 inches
- Weight: 610g/21.5 oz (above water), -20g/0.7 oz (underwater)
- DS-TTL II
- Slave TTL
- Manual Mode
- 5-Pin Sync Cord/N
- Fiber Optic Cable
We personally dive with Sea & Sea Strobes which have lasted us for many years. Because of their performance, quality of light and dependability, we are more than happy to recommend any Sea & Sea strobes on the market.
Contact us today to discuss your underwater housing and lighting requirements and as we use these products ourselves, we will give you our first-hand, expert advice.